Monday, January 09, 2006

Pracitce, Practice, Practice

So my opening joke, where a lawyer tells the Supreme Court that he "got here" by taking the B&O railroad, bombed, but Lindsay Graham bribed the transcriber to put down a [laughter] anyway.

I brought notes, but didn't use them (it makes me feel cozy just having them near), and noticed that most of the senators looked just as bored by me as I was by them.

Some of you may have wondered what I meant when I said that when I was at Princeton in 1968, I saw "very smart and privileged people behaving irresponsibly." Well, I don't want to hint at future decisions, but some of it had to do with opposing a war. I thought those kids were extremely irresponsible.

If any of you, by the way, are only $50 short of getting a suit to go to college in (I LONG for the days when people wore suits to college classes), don't come asking to me. My father already spent it.


this message sent via BlackBerry handheld at 3:41 pm

1 comment:

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Sam, you are going to be a real wit some day, you are already a half wit now! ;)