Thursday, January 12, 2006

What does "can" mean?

Senators Leahy and Kennedy have made some fundamental mistakes, and I'm going to try to correct them both:

1) Leahy: "Can the congress pass a law taking jurisdiction over first amendment issues away from the Supreme Court?" The real answer is, "Sure it can. And the Supreme Court can rule such a law (or any law you jackasses pass) unconstitutional."

2) Kennedy: "Can the congress pass laws that prevent the president from firing members of the executive branch?" Answer: ditto.

Basically, once I'm on the court, I am MUCH MUCH more powerful than you are. Each of you makes up 1% of the people that pass laws, and I make up over 11% of the people that can slap you silly for passing dumb ones.

Oh, please, PLEASE keep talking about Vanguard. I can answer this in my sleep now.

this message sent via BlackBerry handheld at 9:41 am

2 comments:

SamuelAlito said...

I already have answered it here.

Sam

RightWingRocker said...

HAHA

Don't sweat beer, your honor.

He's really a great guy. His political views are a mess, though, as you have already figured out. HAHAHA

RWR