Monday, January 30, 2006

Rhymes with "Souter"

Well, as it turns out, you have to have a pretty strong accent to make "cloture" rhyme with the name of the famed Benedictine (Arnold, that is) from the Granite State. But I'm feeling generous today.

Between the New York Times already interviewing the little people who made it all possible (and to whom, as of tomorrow, I owe absolutely nothing) and the man who once could have been my clerk stooping to discuss the sexual appeal of congressional staffers, the news surrounding my inevitable elevation to ultimate power has become cheap and tawdry.

I am quickly compiling a list of who I would like killed once I start to warm my seat. More forthcoming.

10 comments:

Harriet said...

Hey, remember you buddies too!!! :-)

And as far as Mr. Kerry goes: I think he was just trying to get those at The Kos to like him and trying to drive Ms. Clinton to the left.

SamuelAlito said...

Ollie:

As my longest and strongest supporter, and the only one who has gone out of his way to promote my blog elsewhere, you have a special place in my heart. When I demand that all Democrats be summarily executed, I will have you spared.

My very best,

Sam

Anonymous said...

Filibuster defeated 72-25.

Let me be the first to say Justice Alito.

Harriet said...

But Mr. Alito, what if I am running? Oh wait, I am middle aged and not all that fast. :-)

M A F said...

Your Honour, on behalf of your being sworn in, I did my latest post on your behalf. I think that you will like the title, I am, Sam.

Come by for a visit if you have the time.

SamuelAlito said...

Thank you Mac.

As we say here on the SCOTUS Animal Farm:

"Three conservatives good, four conservatives b-a-a-ettter."

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your confirmation.

What does it feel like to have almost unbridled power?

Mike Pechar said...

Score! Congratulations, Justice Alito!

Harriet said...

58-42.

Congratulations Sir. You beat Mr. Phil E. Buster and got more votes than Clarence "Uncle" Thomas.

BTW, what makes you think that I am a Democrat? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Time to change it to "The man who got past those pesky senators."