Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Anxiety

No, no, not anxiety over whether or not I'll get confirmed. Since my henchmen hold a majority, and the last group of people who could call in Phil E. Buster have given up, my elevation is a done deal.

Which leaves me anxious about what to do with this blog.

I know I'm not the first Supreme Court nominee to have a blog. But aside from a one-post blog started last year by Clarence, no sitting justice has a blog.

What will I do once I'm on the court? Continue with Alito Sez and explain my decisions to the internet? Describe how all the other justices dress at our exclusive parties?

And most important, who will be my Oyez Baseball player?

Answers, I need answers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam:

Barry Bonds should be named your Oyez Baseball player, because you are on The Juice.

Anonymous said...

I came across this site by happenstance and am now hopelessly addicted! Please don't stop...I love reading it in front of my democrat coworkers who think they corner the market on sardonic wit.

Anonymous said...

Sir, please keep this blog going. One of the highlights of my cyber-life is being listed as one of you're buddies! (sorry; "Harrietspeak" is hard to break away from).

Cheney08 said...

Sammy,

Keep up the good work! Commenting on cases that come before you will be ammunition that we need to win this Culture War.

P.S.
Who else will I turn to when I need your support if I decide to sue myself again?

Harriet said...

Actually, Mel looks a bit like good ol' S. H., IMHO.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe on your really, really mean days on the bench, you could be Ty Cobb?

And on those ole softy days, how about Steve Garvey?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if a SCOTUS judge can have a blog in the same sense that Dubya found out he couldn't have private e-mail because everything he wrote belonged to the government and was offical. It would be fun for those of us who have become supporters, nay fans- even if you couldn't comment on cases. Still, many of our founding founders kept diaries, and a blog is a diary or journal except for that little detail of being public. So, I'm sure an adept legal mind such as yours could strictly construct a right to blog from the Constitution if pressed. (I wouldn't want you discovering an inalienable right to blog out of thin air or a misguided social activism. Certainly not!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.